If you are tired of doing waxing, shaving, or tweezing and want to remove your hair permanently, you should go for the laser hair removal method. So, either you can go to a clinic for the treatment or can choose the best laser hair removal machine that fulfills your needs.
Laser hair removal procedure is one in which light beams are targeted to remove hair follicles so to prevent hair re-growth. Though it is still not a permanent solution, it ensures long-lasting results.
Visiting clinics for getting procedures may not be convenient and affordable. Looking at your comfort needs, many companies have made home-laser hair removal machines. Though these machines may be less professional, they are powerful and compact. But you need to check which laser machine suits you best and then purchase the best suitable for you.
What to Look for in Laser Hair Removal Machine
While you decide to look for a laser hair removal machine, you need to keep some important points in your mind. These include:
- The laser machine best suitable for your skin type and tone.
Since some lasers can damage your skin, you need to keep a proper check on the intensity level you need according to your skin type. This is because different skins have different tanning abilities and this directly affects your skin if not properly used. The intensity levels may differ according to the following skin type:
- Skin Type (I): Light, pale white
- Skin Type (II): White fair skin
- Skin Type (III): Medium white to olive skin
- Skin Type (IV): Olive skin to mid-brown skin
- Skin Type (V): Brown to dark brown skin
- Skin Type (VI): Very dark brown to black skin
- You need to check if the machine is suitable for your hair type.
Though most laser removal machines are effective for dark hair only, the effectiveness also depends on your hair type and tone. Since different hair types require different amounts of melanin, make sure you choose the machine accordingly. Dark hair is referred to as dark blonde, brown, and black hair. Other hair types and tones are light blondes, red, grey, and white hair.
- The longevity of the machine according to the number of pulses it provides.
Laser hair removal machines use intense pulses to remove unwanted hair. After a certain number of pulses are emitted, the machine no longer tends to work. Thus, for choosing the best hair removal machine, prefer one that gives a higher number of pulses. To be mentioned, the approximate number of pulses the device uses on different areas of your body are:
- Bikini line: 200
- Lower legs: 600
- Underarm: 100
- Upper lips: 20
- Upper legs: 600
- The battery life of the machine or its re-charge requirements.
Though some laser hair removal machines are not rechargeable, some others require mains power to get charged. The time that charging lasts for, in one go, depends on pulses emitted at specific parts of the body.
- You should check if the machine is using IPL (Intensity Pulsed Light) technology or diode lasers.
Coming to technology, laser machines either have diode lasers or use IPL technology. Both of them help you remove hair follicles easily with minimal damage, thereby preventing hair re-growth. Comparing diode lasers are more powerful and targeted while IPL machines are more affordable.
You should not use a laser hair removal machine if:
- You are not over 16 years of age.
- You have used tanning creams recently.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are prone to chronic skin diseases.
- You are sensitive to light.
- You have undergone any surgical treatment.
- You have undergone any chemotherapy for the past three months.
- You have pre-cancerous lesions or skin cancer.
- You are suffering from conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy, heart disease, keloid scars, bleeding disorder, or HIV/AIDS.
- You are taking painkillers, anticoagulation medicines, immunosuppressive medicines, or any such medicines that make you light-sensitive.
Laser hair removal machines are safe for specific body areas on men and women also. For women, the safest areas are armpits, bikini lines, chin, feet, forearms, jawline, legs, sideburns, toes, tummy, and upper lips. The safest body areas in men to use hair removal machines include the back, chest, neck, shoulders, and torso. Don’t use laser hair removal machines on your treatment areas such as:
- Areas where you use long-lasting deodorants
- Male beard
- Black or dark brown spots such as birthmarks, moles
- Damaged skin such as sunburns, cold sores, or active infections
- Tattoos or any permanent make-up
- Varicose veins
- Active implants
Best Laser Hair Removal Machine
If you are shopping online for the best laser hair removal machine, try choosing among the following available on Amazon.com.
- Bright LED screen that makes it easier to use
- Five laser plus adjustable settings according to skin type
- Automatic cut-off skin tone sensor
- A quickly chargeable handheld device (takes around 40 minutes to full charge)
|Skin Tone Sensor||Yes|
|Battery Life||30 minutes|
|Power Supply||240 V|
|Power Output||7-22 J/cm2|
|Total Pulses||600 sessions|
|IPL Technology||Diode laser|
|Time needed for lower legs||25-30 minutes|
- First-ever laser hair removal machine to be approved by FDA
- Enjoy a feeling of professional treatment at home
- Technically disposable
- Gives the fastest possible results
- Ensures safety due to presence of skin tone sensor
- Need frequent charging
- Simple, clean, and functional design with a large flash button
- Curvy shape that makes it comfortable
- Good quality and thicker power cable
- 4,00,000 flashes for 200 full-body treatment
- Five intensity levels
- In-built IPL filter making it safe for eyes and skin
- Cover full body in 20 minutes
|Power Supply||Mains Cord|
|Number of Pulses||400 sessions|
|Treatment Areas||Arms, Bikini Line, Face, Legs, Underarms|
|Treatment Method||Pulse & Glide|
|Skin Color Sensor||Yes|
|Suitable for Hair Color||Dark blonde, Dark brown, Light brown, Black|
- Safe for all skin tones
- Safe for tanned skin
- Gives faster results
- Offers painless sessions
- Difficult to use on upper lips
- Not FDA-approved
- No money-back guarantee in Europe and UK
- Flexible to use
- Skin tone sensor embedded with a light indicator, power button, and intensity controller
- Painless device
- Cord power system
- Used for both men and women
|Technology||IPL (Intense Pulse Light)|
|Skin Tone Sensor||Yes|
|Skin Contact Sensor||Yes|
|Flash Bulb Life||65,000 Flashes|
|Replacement Bulb||1 bulb|
|Time between Flashes||4 seconds for facial cap; 3 seconds for body cap|
- US FDA-approved
- Hygienic lasering
- High fluence/power
- Long-term savings
- Minimizes injury
- Average flashing speed
- Mid-range supply of flashes at 65,000
- Cannot use for small body areas
Though it would be difficult to label any one of these laser hair removal machines to be superior, Tria 4X Beauty Hair Removal Laser may be better. The reason behind choosing it as the best laser hair removal machine is it is the first machine to be FDA-approved. It ensures safety while providing professional treatment at home itself. Similarly, Remington iLight Ultra Face & Body Hair Removal System is FDA-approved, but you can’t use it for small body areas because of the machine’s size. In contrast, Silk’n Infinity Laser Hair Remover is not FDA-approved, but it is safe for all skin types including tanned skin. Further, its IPL technology ensures not to harm your eyes. Thus, all three are affordable and comes with their own pros and cons. So, you can choose and use what suits you best.